FinDock supports Adyen as a payment processor.
- FinDock installed and configured
- A source connector installed and configured
If you plan on using the Sofort payment method in certain countries, you need to contact the Adyen Support Team. For further information, please see the Adyen documentation.
Install and activate Adyen for FinDock
Set up an Adyen account
Configuring the Adyen for FinDock payment extension requires an Adyen account. You need to configure the account and use setting values from the account for the FinDock settings in Salesforce.
To set up an Adyen account:
- Sign up for an account with Adyen at https://www.adyen.com/signup.
- After successful registration, log in at https://ca-test.adyen.com/.
- In the Adyen Backoffice, go to Account > API credentials.
- Click the username with type 'Web Service.'
- Click Generate New API Key.
- Copy and save the generated API key. This key is needed to communicate with Adyen over the FinDock Payment API.
- Confirm that you have saved the API key.
- Click on your company name in the top right of the Adyen Backoffice.
- Copy and save the merchant account name for online payments.
Configure Adyen for FinDock
To configure the Adyen payment extension:
- Launch the FinDock app and click Setup.
- Click the Adyen for FinDock tile under Payment Extensions.
- Enter the generated API Key value Merchant Account name that you saved from the procedure above.
- Activate Is Test if you are in a test phase and don’t want to process real payments.
- Repeat the above steps for each account if you are setting up Adyen for multi-merchant use. Activate Is Default for the account (Target) that is your default account with Adyen.
Configure notifications in Adyen
To configure notifications in Adyen:
- In the Adyen for FinDock settings, copy the Notification URL.
- Go back to Adyen Backoffice and select your merchant account from the top right corner.
- Navigate to Account > Server Communication.
- Click Add on the Standard Notification row.
- Fill in the settings as shown in the screenshot here:
- Open Additional Settings' and toggle on the following:
- Include Bank Account Details
- Include Card Holder
- Include card info for recurring contract notifications
- Include Card Bin
- Include Shopper Details
- Include Shopper Interaction
- Click Save Integration.
Now you are ready to run some payment tests.
Payment API messages
The following are example messages for single and recurrent payments using the Payment API.
When initiating payments through the API, additional processor-specific parameters can and/or need to be included for a particular payment method. You can check these parameters by calling the
/PaymentProcessors endpoints. For more information, see our API Reference Guide.