The Tikkie for FinDock extension brings the Tikkie payment service to Salesforce, fully leveraging FinDock's payment request and reconciliation platform features.
Wildly popular across the entire Dutch market, "Tikkies" are QR codes or URLs that direct users to simple, hassle-free payments. The payment requests can be used in all types of channels for a wide range of purposes. Payment requests can be sent through the Tikkie app, social media apps, email, SMS, printed, etc. They are ideal for campaigns, fundraising drives, or just giving potential givers a really easy way to donate.
- FinDock installed and configured.
- FinDock WebHub is connected.
- A source connector is installed and configured.
- You have a Tikkie for Business account.
Tikkie is currently only available in the Netherlands, so both the Tikkie Business Portal and some configuration steps are partially in Dutch. You will need to work in both the Tikke Business Portal and your Salesforce org to configure the Tikkie extension.
To configure Tikkie:
- Sign in to your Tikkie Business Portal account: business.tikkie.me or business.sbx.tikkie.me if you have a sandbox account with Tikkie.
- Click the cog icon in the top right corner to open the settings.
- Click the API tokens tile.
- Click the API token toevoegen button.
Do not try to re-use existing API tokens that have been used for applications other than FinDock.
- Select ‘Aanmaken betaalverzoekjes’ and ‘Terugbetaling betaalde verzoekjes of bestellingen’ and enter a ‘omschrijving’ that makes it clear this token will be used for FinDock.
- Click the API token toevoegen button.
- Check if your API token has been added.
- Click your API token and check if ‘Actief’ has been (automatically) selected.
- Click the cog in the top right corner and go to Bedrijfsinstellingen.
- Make sure that ‘Meerdere keren betalen’ has been selected and take note of the standard ‘Geldigheidstermijn’ and adjust according to your business requirements.
- Launch the FinDock app and click Setup. You will see a red mark on the Remote Site Settings tab indicating that the remote site settings for Tikkie are disabled.
- Open the Remote Site Settings tab and, depending on your org, activate the test or production and QR generator endpoint of Tikkie.
- Go back to the FinDock Setup tab.
- Click the ‘FinDock-Tikkie’ tile and enter the following values into their corresponding fields:
- Name: your Tikkie account name
- Is Default: selected
- Tikkie for Business API Token: your API token created at step 6. (similar to: 1a2345b6-cd7e-8f91-....)
- Is Test: ONLY select this if you are using a Tikkie for Business Sandbox account from ABN AMRO at business.sbx.tikkie.me
- Click Save.
If you get a “Unauthorized end-point” error when saving, please make sure you have activated the Tikkie endpoints under: Settings > Remote Site Settings.
- Deploy your changed by clicking ‘Click here to see the changes’ in the grey bar and then ‘Start Deploy.’
Make sure you set a 'Geldigheidstermijn' (Validity period) for your Tikkies in your Tikkie for business account, especially when you're sending out Tikkies with a campaign. The default validity period is 14 days.
If you have more than one Tikkie account, you can add more accounts by clicking the ‘Add Account’ button in the FinDock-Tikke setup page. This creates a new tab for multiple accounts. You can configure the account by following the ‘Configure Tikkie extension’ steps. Make sure you use the right Tokens for the right account. For further information about Multi-Merchant functionality in FinDock, see Multi-Merchant accounts for PSPs.
The FinDock Quick Tikkie feature is implemented as a Salesforce component. All you need to do to be able to use it is add the component to a page layout. To configured Quick Tikkie:
- Go to Salesforce Object Manager.
- Choose the object where you want to use Quick Tikkie, like Opportunity or Case.
- Go to Lightning Record Pages and select a Record Page.
- Search for the ‘Tikkie’ component.
- Drag the component onto the page.
- Click Save , and if necessary, Activate.
If you plan to generate Tikkie references, QRs and URLs with the Payment Request Generator:
- Configure Payment Request Generator
- If you plan on adding the generated references to campaigns, create - preferably Tikkie specific - fields on the Campaign Member object to store the following values:
- Payment Reference: Text(22)
- Payment URL: Url(255)
- QR Base 64: Long text Area(32768)
- and create a Description: Text(35) input field on Campaign, Campaign Member or other, where you provide the description that will be shown to the customer on the Tikkie payment page.
You can use the following example message to test if the Tikkie configuration is working as expected.