A Target in FinDock determines through which bank or Service bureaux the transaction will be routed in the case of a collection, and in the case of a bank statement import, the system will only process bank statements for bank accounts that are present as a target. So before you can start executing Bacs Direct Debit runs, or importing bank statement files, you will need to configure at least one Bacs Target. This article will outline how to create these Bacs Targets.
Before you can create a target, please make sure to get the following information from the organization.
Get a list of all bank accounts and accompanying sortcodes for the bank accounts your organization would like to use with FinDock, these are internal bank accounts belonging to your organization. The name of the account should be something that is recognizable internally. This name is never communicated outside of your organization, but is used to recognize the different accounts.
In order to execute a Bacs Direct Debit, your organization will require a SUN number. This number is provided by your sponsor when setting up a direct debit contract. The organization name, is the name as it will appear on the bank statement of your customer.
The login details for you service bureaux are needed if you are setting up a direct integration that automatically uploads the charge file to the bureaux. To correctly configure the integration you will need the username, password and endpoint.
Target creation is managed through the ProcessingHub setup page. To create a new target and configure it:
- Navigate to the FinDock setup page by opening the App Launcher (the 3x3 grid button on the top left of the page, just below the Salesforce cloud logo), enter “FinDock” in the search box and click the FinDock app and select Setup in the navigation.
- Click on the ProcessingHub tile to open up the ProcessingHub setup page.
- Click on the Targets tab.
- Click the Add Target button to create a new target.
- On the New Target dialog, give this Target the name of one of the accounts you wish to configure.
- Select the Target: “PaymentHub Bacs”
- Select the Target Type: MANUAL for Standard 18 file exchange via Chatter, or the name of your service bureau or bank if available for a direct integration or specific file formats.
- Click Save to store the Target.
Repeat steps 4-7 for every bank account or service bureaux you wish to add.
After you have created one or more targets, we can configure all their settings. In the list of targets, click the arrow icon, and click Settings.
The settings screen for this particular target is opened. Different target types, have different screens and configuration options.
For Manual target types, the configuration screens looks similar to the screenshot shown.
This type of target generates Standard 18 files and uploads them to chatter for manual file exchange. The fields are:
- Bank Account Addition: Put your sortcode here
- Bank account number: put your bank account number here
- Collection file lead time: the lead time between submission and processing for collection files, contact your bank or service bureau for this information
- DDI Lead time: the lead time between submission and activation of your DDI's, contact your bank or service bureau for this information
- Company Name: the name of your organization as it will appear to your customer. (max 18 characters)
- DDIs per payer file: can be used to limit the number of DDI's in a single payer or AUDDIS file.
- Transactions per Collection file: can be used to limit the number of transactions per collection file.
- Number of generated files: used to generate a deduplication number for your service bureau or bank. If you didn't use Standard 18 before, enter 0 (zero) otherwise, ask your financial officer what the last used value in the file was on location: UHL1 record, position 38-40.
When you are done, click Save to store the new target settings.
With Smart Debit, the target configuration screens looks similar to the screenshot shown.
Enter the information your previously gathered about this bank account and integration into their respective fields. Enter the information as provided by SmartDebit.
- Collection file lead time: the lead time between submission and processing for collection files
- DDI Lead time: the lead time between submission and activation of your DDI's
- Endpoint: The api endpoint for SmartDebit, value depends on whether you are using a sandbox or production environment at the SmartDebit side.
- Initial Report Date: the first date the BACS reports should be pulled from SmartDebit, typically this coincides with your go-live date
- Password, Service User & Username: these details are provided by SmartDebit and authenticate you towards the API.
For all other fields. Leave the default values intact. When you are done, click Save to store the new target settings. Repeat the configuration for each target you added.