Worldpay is a credit card processing service of FIS Global. This service supports one-time payments as well as recurring bulk credit card transactions.
- FinDock is installed and configured.
- A working connection to ProcessingHub and WebHub.
To be able to configure and use our WorldPay extension you need to have a WorldPay Corporate Gateway
Before configuring the Worldpay extension, you need to do some configuration in the Worldpay merchant portal. Your organization should have a corporate account with Worldpay. Use those account credentials here: Worldpay login.
After logging in, you need to select a merchant code and application if your organization has more than one. For further information about the Merchant Admin Interface, please visit the Worldpay support documentation.
Testing of the Worldpay integration requires a test setup with Production Mode.
To set up Worldpay integration with FinDock:
- In the left-hand menu, enable Production Mode.
- Click INTEGRATION in the left-hand menu, and then select the Merchant Channel tab.
- Under Merchant Channels (test or production, depending on what phase of development you are in), set the http protocol to active, select xml as the content type, and then add the callback URL of your WebHub that will use Worldpay in the address field. E.g.
- Click Save Settings when you are done.
- Keep the Merchant Admin Interface open while you configure FinDock. Some information from your Worldpay account is needed for the FinDock settings.
After you have finished the Worldpay merchant account setup, you can configure the Worldpay extension in FinDock.
To configure the Worldpay extension:
- Launch the FinDock app and click Setup.
- Click on the PaymentHub-Worldpay tile under Extensions - PSP.
- Fill in the settings as described below.
- Notification URL: this value is automaticlaly filled by the Notification Gateway.
- Endpoint: the Worldpay service endpoint for authorizations and transactions. Enter the endpoint depending on whether you are configuring a sandbox (test) or production org.
- Merchant Code: enter here your code from the ACCOUNT page of the Worldpay Merchant Admin Interface.
- Username: enter here the Original XML Username from the ACCOUNT page of the Worldpay Merchant Admin Interface.
- Password: enter here the XML Password from the ACCOUNT page of the Worldpay Merchant Admin Interface
- Callcenter in Test Mode: If you are going to use Worldpay MOTO and are configuring a sandbox org, enable test mode for Worldpay call center.
- When you have entered all the details, click Save.
When using Worldpay to collect recurring credit card transactions in bulk, you need a Target that allows the bulk upload to be correctly routed to Worldpay.
To create a target for Woldpay:
- Launch the FinDock app and click Setup.
- Click on the ProcessingHub tile under Extensions - System.
- Click on the Targets tab.
- Click the Add Target button and on the New Target dialog, give a transparent name that indicates its purpose.
- Select the Target type PaymentHub Worldpay and click Save.
- You are automatically returned to the Targets tab. Click the button to the right of the target you just created and select Settings.
- Fill in the Worldpay target settings as described below.
- BATCH_XML_VERSION: change the default version only if you have a specific reason for doing so
- CURRENCY: Enter your default currency. If your org has multi-currency support enabled, this setting is ignored, and the currency from the installment is used instead.
- MERCHANT_CODE: your code from the Merchant Admin Interface
- RECORDS_PER_FILE: unless otherwise decided, leave this at the default value. If the number of transactions exceeds this threshold, FinDock creates multiple files for bulk collection
- Upload Copy to Chatter: enable if you want the generated bulk payment file that is sent to Worldpay to also be uploaded to Chatter
- XML_API_ENDPOINT: use the same endpoint here as in the Worldpay extension settings
- XML_API_USERNAME: use the same username here as in the Worldpay extension settings
- XML_API_PASSWORD: use the same password here as in the Worldpay extension settings
- When you are done filling in the settings, click Save.
The FinDock Worldpay extension also supports WorldPay MOTO (Mail Order / Telephone Order). Customer call center agents can use this to accept one-time credit card payments.
The solution consists of a Lightning Component for the WorldPay MOTO call center solution. The component can be placed on any page related to an Installment, Opportunity or Invoice.
Recurring payments cannot be processed via Worldpay MOTO.
- Your Worldpay merchant account is enabled for MOTO transactions.
- The MOTO component is placed on Lightning pages related to Installment, Opportunity or Invoice objects.
To make Worldpay MOTO available for call center agents:
- Open the Lightning record page where you want the MOTO component.
- Click on the page settings icon and select Edit Page.
- Add the MailAndTelephoneOrder component to the page. You’ll find it in the left sidebar in the section Custom – Managed.
- Drag the MOTO component to the desired place on the page canvas.
- Configure the component settings as needed.
- Payment Service Provider: select Worldpay Corporate for PaymentHub
- frameWidth: adjust width of the call center Iframe as needed
- frameHeight: adjust height of the call center Iframe as needed
- displayLabel: enter text for the heading above the component
- Click Save and activate the page.
When you want to use WorldPay MOTO in a test environment, you can enable the call center in test mode option under the WorldPay extension settings in FinDock.
To test your Worldpay configuration for one-time payments, you can use the following API messages.
If your configuration is correct, you should be able to navigate to the RedirectURL provided in the response and pay the amount specified. When a redirect ends in an unexpected error, the error message is stored in the last status reason of the installment.
In production, recurring credit card tokens are created with an initial lifetime of four years. In testing , tokens are created with a lifetime of seven days.
This following request initiates a one-time credit card transaction with Worldpay.
The following request initiates a recurring payment.